Michelle Cove has turned a career as a media maker into an opportunity to address that industry’s most harmful effects. She’s founder and executive director of MEDIAGIRLS, a nonprofit that gives young girls the tools to filter and think critically about the harmful sexist and biased messages communicated in today’s media.
In this week’s Hacks and Flacks, Marina Askari and I talk to Michelle about her journey from filmmaker to startup founder, chat about the communications strategies she’s learned on to grow MEDIAGIRLS and build the program, and ask for her thoughts whether brands, the media and the general public are finally making progress in the effort to curb harmful messages.
- MEDIAGIRLS: mediagirls.org
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Twitter: @hacksflacks
- Follow Hacks and Flacks on Instagram:@hacksflacks
- Follow our Facebook Fan Page: Hacks and Flacks Podcast
- Follow March Communications on Twitter:@MarchComms
- Visit the M+PR Nonsense blog: MarchComms.com/blog